10.02.2010

Overnight Undies

My little girl turned 4 this past week....where does the time go! Hard to believe she went from being the tiny little 5.5lb, 4.5 weeks preterm baby to a big strong preschooler! Alas....

She had her yearly physical this week and one issue we discussed with the doctor was the fact that though she always wakes up dry, she still wears a diaper to bed. There's no particular rush to not have her wear a diaper, except that if she doesn't need them, I'd rather not buy them. So, we made a deal, she could wear her diaper every other night for a little while and I would make her some special overnight undies to wear for the non-diaper night. I have to admit, these were so fun to make, that I may never buy kids underwear again!



These were so simple and were very satisfying since they take very little time to make. I simply cut up a pair of undies that fit (Miss M. has about a million pairs!) and traced the pieces. I cut one front piece, one back piece, and 2 crotch pieces to make it double layered.



I love the set all in pink with different colored borders. So fun! And, so far so good. Miss M. wore a pair last night, and tonight is in her diaper, per our deal. We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I need some of these for Camryn!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently did the same thing with a pair of my daughter's underwear. Only, she's 13, and the thatdarnkat pattern that I have no longer goes up to her size, and I didn't have the money to buy her a new pack....soooo, out came the scissors; snip snip, and voila! A new underwear pattern in her size. She thought it was a little corny that I was making her underwear, until I cut up her outgrown justin bieber t-shirts to make them with, and now she grabs them as soon as they're out of the dryer! LOL.

    ReplyDelete