5.31.2011

New Sandbox!


Now that it finally feels like summer, my family has been spending A LOT of time outside which got me thinking about building a sandbox. Then I saw this post over at Made and felt even more motivated.

I bought 2 wood boards that were 1 inch thick, 10 inches tall and 12 feet long. I cut them into 4 pieces each 5 feet long so my finished sandbox is essentially 5X5.

We had some wood leftover from an addition we put on our house last year, so I came up with some pieces to make a bench along one side.

This was a really easy project, the kids had a ton of fun helping paint, and it all cost less than $100 (believe it or not the sand is the most expensive part). Thanks for the inspiration Dana!

Hope you had a fun and productive weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I just saw this! I'm so glad you made one! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This can be a really good examine for me, Must admit that you simply are one particular of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this informative blog.

    ReplyDelete