12.28.2012

Matryoshka Messenger Bag





 Back in November I was commissioned to make a Mirabelle Messenger Bag for a local friend.  Luckily, she's very patient and understanding, because I just finished it yesterday.
 Since the print is directional, I cut the gusset band in 2 pieces so that the dolls wouldn't be upside down at the top on one side.
The fabric is so pretty and looks really great with the pink piping and lining.  I ended made the piping (using this tutorial) and bias tape myself so that everything would match perfectly. 

I hope she loves it!






5 comments:

  1. This bag is really cute! I just found your Blog. I like the projects you did so far! .......and the pics of my Country :-) Greetings from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Bag! Love those dolls. I have some similar fabric, waiting to be a bag! janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I have a friend who loves Matryoshkas, can you tell me where you got this fabric?? Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. The fabric is from Joanns. Here's a link: http://www.joann.com/novelty-cotton-print-matryoshka-dolls/zprd_11499993a/

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful - very striking colours! I only discovered your Russian Doll bag after I'd made one myself - great minds! But luckily the dolls fabric I used has dolls in both directions so I didn't have to worry about them appearing upside down - they were already like that. I've added mine to your Flickr group.

    ReplyDelete